APJ Partner Enablement Manager (Department: SAP Education Sales)
6 months contract (Full-time) - part of SAP Back-to-Work programme
Mapletree Business City
13 July 2018
Who are we?
ABOUT SAP - As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
About the role
SAP APJ Education is looking for a motivated and sales focused individual that wants to work across the APJ region, being responsible for enablement of SAP Partners, ensuring that the capability in the APJ SAP Ecosystem is aligned with growth expectations. It has a strong sales focus, with key measures being service revenue and bookings. Collaboration and alignment with the Global Channel and Partner teams are required to ensure the strategic direction of both lines of business are supporting each other. A strong sense of how to manage a multifaceted business, including providing input to Demand Generation, Operations and Sales is mandatory. In return, SAP Education will provide a vibrant and global leading edge environment with a lot of cultural variety. The role is Singapore based and is reporting into the APJ Regional Education Sales VP. Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager’s agreement.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The APJ Partner Enablement Manager is responsible for managing the Go-To-Market Sales to SAP Partners for product and services through the market unit based field sales team and in conjunction with the Market Unit Leaders. Performance in the role is measured on total service bookings and service revenue in SAP APJ Education P&L from identified SAP Partner customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
· Drive the growth of Partner Enablement bookings, revenue and training attendance across the APJ region for face-to-facel, digital and virtual modes.
· Develop and manage through the Market Unit based field sales teams an effective sales pipeline for Partner enablement sales in each Market Unit across the region
· Assist the Market Unit based field sales teams to qualify and execute Partner sales opportunities
· Timely and accurate pipeline and forecast management
· Manage the sales pipeline on a 4Q rolling basis to ensure future targets can be met in a timely and accurate manner
· Maintain appropriate levels of involvement in customer issues requiring resolution
· Lead knowledge management initiatives regarding the development and use of intellectual property
· Support knowledge sharing initiatives (i.e. Communities, Mentoring, Education, etc.)
· Harmonize decisions across multiple opinions across competing organizations
· Support SAP Education Related Systems and other Internal systems (i.e. Portal and servers operating)
· Identifying of training needs for strategic areas
· Be a Trusted Adviser and "Talk Business"
· Deal with Line of Business and Executive Level stakeholders
· Establish powerful relationships with key internal stakeholders, including the externally focused Account Executives
· Be a strong contributor to the Virtual Account Team
· Identify additional revenue streams leading to incremental revenue
· Implement business strategies to ensure customer success driving revenue targets for both education software, Learning Hub and services
· Participate in a team-selling environment
· Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
· Highly developed business acumen.
· Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
· Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
· Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
· Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Demonstrated experience being part of a cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
· Demonstrated experience in managing issues and conflict in a business environment
· English: Fluent. Other APJ languages (Japanese, Korean, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malay etc) an asset
· Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
· Master’s degree or MBA an asset
· 5 – 7 years of SAP related work with responsibilities in Sales and Quota Carrying roles, ideally in complex selling environments
· 3 – 5 in a partner or channel related role, ideally aligned with SAP Ecosystem.
· Some level of international multinational organisation experience required
· Management experience in managing small to medium size teams
· P&L of LoB in medium to large organization is desirable
· Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
· Leadership and people management skills are desirable
· Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
As a senior leader in the business you are responsible for supporting the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers, as well as looking for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
EXPECTED TRAVEL - 10 %
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT - To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
* This role is part of the "Back-to-Work at SAP" programme. The program has multiple roles and locations around Asia Pacific which includes Singapore, India, Australia & New Zealand, Japan and Korea.
ROLE IS FILLED